Saturday, May 29, 2010

Going Down to Cape Girardeau

I think I spelled that right -- didn't even have to look it up!

Me and Stina are heading out today, probably in an hour or two, giving me just enough time to type up a post! Her parents live in Cape, so we're going out to visit them for Memorial Day. I like going down there, because we always get great food and great accommodation. Her family's pretty swell, too!

The drive down to Cape takes about two hours, which is not bad at all. I'll probably use the time to get some work done. (Work I could be doing now, but I don't wanna. SCREW YOU if you think I'm lazy!) I reckon that Christina will probably oblige me by driving the whole way down there; I'll probably drive the whole way back up.

I have a pretty busy week coming up. On Monday we're getting up early and driving back to STL. I'm gonna change clothes and pack some stuff real quick, and then I'm heading out to the Heights to meet up with Grandpa. From there it's off to Kansas City, where we'll meet up with Tom and the boys.

I'm not sure where we'll stay Monday night, but hopefully we'll get to see Debbie and Steve while we're in KC. They usually provide us with food of some sort. Last time we were up there I can't remember what Debbie made, but I do remember that it was delicious! (I need to remind myself to return Super Princess Peach to Cousin Caroline. I've had that game forever.)

Early to bed, early to rise, then it's 36 holes plus extras Tuesday morning at the National. It's a big damn golf course that I've been to many times in the past. I really don't mind doing it, since the help there is always so stellar. We'll probably be finished around noon, assuming no machines break. Knock on wood.

This will be Cousin Casey's first run up to KC with us, and it's his inaugural summer with E&E. I'm sure he'll do fine, though, I think being awesome at stuff kind of runs in his family. Hell, I'm in his family, and I'm pretty awesome, right?

Back to STL Tuesday evening, and a good night's rest. I think me and my brudda are going to Sedalia either Tuesday or Wednesday to visit my dad's folks, who I haven't seen in several months. Like I said, it's gonna be a busy week!

Then, week after next, Christina and I are going to Chicago for a few days. I plan to take it easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment